Crisis communications considerations
This month’s tip comes courtesy of Dave Mason at Mentor Media Training. It’s short and sweet but contains some nuggets of wisdom…
- 50% of news consumption is now on social – consider adapting your communications mix to include ‘owned’ video and digital media
- In a crisis, respond with empathy and compassion – put people first
- The last two years have been tough – review your crisis response planning with an audit of your crisis communications plan
- Media train two tiers of your leadership team for resilience
- Tell it all, tell it true, tell it fast!