Business Continuity Tip of the Month
A new year ahead
With the end of the year rapidly approaching, it’s almost time to make our New Year’s resolutions again.
It’s therefore an ideal time to review our business continuity programme and to revise existing (or implement new) business continuity strategies, solutions and plans accordingly.
It’s worth taking a little time to consider :
- What are the organisation’s key products and services?
- What are the key activities that underpin those key products and services?
- What are the critical dependencies that enable those key activities to continue?
- What are the business impacts of being unable to perform those activities, and what are the main threats to them?
- What risk mitigation and contingency measures are currently in place, do they still provide the protection that they were intended to provide, and what gaps are there?
- What additional measures have we been considering but haven’t yet implemented?
- What are the priorities for action?
Taking time out to reflect on questions such as these can be very helpful in focussing our minds and setting objectives for the coming year. So why not make it a New Year’s resolution to do all you can to improve the resilience and ensure the continuity of your business?
Merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous and peaceful New Year.
Did you know that Acumen’s Consultancy Director, Andy Osborne, publishes an expert tip each month for people with an interest in developing a business continuity capability?
Why not subscribe now and have Andy’s ‘Tip of the Month’ delivered to your inbox.
Andy also writes the occasional blog, which is somewhat more light-hearted, but with a serious business continuity message. Subscribe to ‘Oz’s Blog’ instead and receive an email notification when Andy posts a blog, in addition to the Tip of the Month emails.