A break in continuity
- Finding out when key staff will be on holiday, whether they are going away and whether (and, if so, how) they can be contacted;
- Appointing additional deputies to key people/roles (or even deputies to deputies) to ensure sufficient cover is maintained;
- Ensuring that anyone drafted in to cover temporarily is fully aware of their roles and responsibilities and is given any necessary training;
- Checking that contact details are up to date (both for usual and any temporary team members) and that any temporary changes to normal contacts are identified and recorded;
- Ensuring that any interim arrangements are communicated, particularly to ‘first responders’ such as security or facilities staff.
Why not subscribe now and have Oz’s Business Continuity Blog and/or Andy’s Tip of the Month delivered to your inbox?
(Note : subscribing to Oz’s Blog includes Tips of the Month. Select ‘Tip of the Month’ if you only want to receive the tips without Oz’s Blogs).