Who we are
Acumen Business Services Ltd’s registered office is at The Courtyard, 19 High Street, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 1AA and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3430083.
We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z5314609, and act as a data controller and data processor for our clients.
Our appointed person for data protection issues is Beverley Osborne. We can be contacted via email at email@example.com or via post at The Courtyard, 19 High Street, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 1AA.
Information that we collect
Acumen processes personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide clients with our products and services. We hold only basic personal information about our clients and their employees, prospects and other business contacts, which does not include any special types of sensitive information. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and we do not process your information in any way other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect includes :
- Job title;
- Business email address;
- Personal email address (if you use this for business purposes);
- Work telephone number;
- Mobile telephone number;
- Home telephone number (if you use this for business purposes);
- Skype address (or alternative video conferencing platforms);
- Work address;
- Home address (if you use this for business purposes);
- Social media account name, e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter.
We collect information in the following ways :
- Online forms;
- Website enquiries;
- Website visitors;
- Incoming emails;
- Incoming business enquiries;
- Contracts with clients, suppliers, affiliates and employees.
How we may use your personal data (legal basis for processing)
Acumen takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing personal data are detailed below :
- To provide a service using your preferred contact details;
- To monitor and maintain the security of our IT systems, internal and external networks;
- As part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes;
- Where we consider you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us for marketing purposes.
You have the right to access any of your personal information that Acumen processes and to request information about :
- What personal data we hold about you;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed;
- How long we intend to store your personal data for;
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, in which case you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and disclosing your personal information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
Acumen may use third-parties to provide contracted services or to manage our business functions, including accountants, professional advisers, associate consultants and providers of specialist software and services. All processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Acumen takes your privacy seriously and we take steps to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including :
- Strong passwords for systems access;
- Antivirus systems;
- Regular security patches and system updates;
- Data backups;
- Data encryption;
- Data protection policies and procedures;
- Staff training.
Retention of data
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individuals, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Acumen will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
Acumen aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to :
- Access and receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate;
- Request the deletion of personal data held about you.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you are not satisfied with the response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk